OUR MISSION STATEMENT: January 2010
Maintain regular weekly Eucharistic Services and develop patterns of other worship that will appeal to the wider community.
Maintain open and ready access for Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals in a building fit for purpose.
Involve people of all ages in the life of the church, supporting and encouraging them through faith, teaching and example.
Maintain a strong fellowship and social life within the church, making all people feel welcome and valued.
Be open to opportunities for strengthening bonds with the local community, the village school and other Christian denominations.
Continue to help others in need through strength of prayer and regular charitable giving.
Raise enough income annually to fund the church’s work, to meet the running expenses and to maintain the fabric of the church building.
OUR CHALLENGE: To make sure that the church continues and develops its present ministry for the benefit of this and future generations -
- To keep the church at the heart of our village, making it readily available for regular worship as well as for those special moments in every family’s life such as weddings and baptisms
- To ensure the church is there in support of the grieving family at the time of a funeral; to be there at other times of great emotion as we turn to God when earthly values appear least reliable
- To continue to develop home visiting to the elderly, the lonely and the sick, including taking communion to those who can’t get to church
- To continue to develop and strengthen our links with the local church school, supporting local children in their development based on Christian values and responsibilities
- To continue as a spiritual centre for prayer, giving support to the local community and the world at large
- The Church Hall to continue to provide a valuable facility for local organisations, groups, clubs and family gatherings
- To continue to strengthen village ties and community spirit through the numerous welcoming social events
- To continue to provide a valuable village service through the editing, publication and distribution of the FOSS FOCUS magazine
- To keep our historic church building in good order and open for regular worship